icloud setup: iCloud is Apple’s remote storage as it is replaced by MobileMe in 2011. iCloud is a cloud computing service which allows you to access your photos, contacts, bookmarks etc… from anywhere and anytime with internet access. Once you create an iCloud account you can open it from any iOS devices like iPhone, iPads, Apple TV, Mac and its special feature is that you can also open the iCloud account from Android and Windows devices also.
How to set up iCloud:
iCloud also used to find to out your lost iOS device if your device has sign-in into your iCloud account. Here in this article, I will explain you about Steps to setup iCloud, How to view iCloud account, How to sync the data from the iCloud drive and How to restore data from iCloud Drive. Each and every user of the iCloud drive has free 5GB cloud hosting storage. Even you can upgrade the storage data up paying some amount as $20 which gives 15Gb total per year, $40 for 25GB, $100 for 55GB of iCloud Storage.
Steps to setup iCloud from iPhone
It is necessary to have an iCloud account for every user of iPhone or any iOS device. iCloud allows you to restore the information of the previous device if you use new iOS device now.
- Firstly, you need to turn on your iPhone.
- Now go to Home Screen and click on settings. Now search for iCloud and click on it.
- As you click it asks you to enter Apple ID and Password. If you have Apple ID enter it or else you can create new Apple account on the same screen.
- If you forget your Apple ID or Password you can also reset it at the same place.
- Enter Apple ID and Password. Then click on sign in.
- A new page with the iCloud home page will be displayed with different iCloud services as for example mail, contacts, calendars, bookmarks etc…
- You can activate these services. If you need it ‘ON’ the service.
By this, you have activated iCloud on your iPhone and these are the same steps to activate iCloud on any iOS device.
How to view your iCloud account information on iPhone:
- Open Settings icon on your device.
- Click on your Apple Account ID which is seen at the top.
- Now Scroll down and tap a device to view or remove the account from iCloud.
- As you click on any of the devices available you can click on Remove From Account to remove.
- Scroll up to see your details like Name, Mobile numbers, Email etc..
- You can change your name, email address and your birthday form where people can reach you.
- It has a feature to change the password by clicking on Password & Security label. To do this a verification code is sent your mobile number you have entered.
- You can also change your credit or debit card details in Payment & Shipping label. You can change shipping address which is associated with your Apple ID.
How to Manage iCloud Sync Permissions on iPhone:
As the iCloud plays a major role in storing files, photos, contacts and much other required information. It allows us to access many other third-party apps that connect iCloud. It is not necessary to keep all the original files in iCloud but even if you do so it allows us to sync the data at any time.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Tap your Apple account ID.
- Click on iCloud.
- Now switch on or off to sync the iCloud Drive.
How to Sign Out iCloud Account from your iPhone
It is necessary to Sign out from iCloud if you sell your device or if you buy new iPhone.
- Open the Settings icon on your device.
- Click on Apple ID.
- Now scroll down to Sign Out.
- As you click a popup with Delete from My iPhone message displays. Click on it.
- Click on Keep on my iPhone to store iCloud data locally.
How to backup iCloud to restore a device
- Go to Settings icon on your Phone.
- Then General and Click on Reset label.
- A message called ‘erase all content and settings’ will be displayed. Click on it.
- Now select Apps and Data Screen, Click on restore from iCloud Backup. Do restore you need to sign in to iCloud.
- Proceed to backup and check available backups in iCloud.
- After choosing a device iCloud automatically downloads all the data that you have purchased like music, movies, TV shows, apps, books etc…
- It has a feature that if your device can’t download the version of an app then it downloads the latest version.
- It may ask passwords for all the purchased items to restore from iBook store, iTunes, App Store etc…
- It also shows the progress of downloading apps on the home screen.
You can also check whether all the apps are restored or not. Go to settings >iCloud > Storage. You can also restore from iTunes backup rather than iCloud backup.
To open the iCloud account from Windows go to Control Panel or you can log in directly from the web. If you follow the above step to use your iCloud account which makes you easy to transfer data from one device to another device. If you have checked that the required data is restored now you can delete the data from the previous device as Settings > General > Reset > Erase All content and settings and by clicking it a message ‘welcome to iPhone’ will be displayed on the screen.